Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Very Merry Chase Regency Romance Novel More Six Sentence Sunday Fun

"Now tell me who hired you."
"A lady...a pretty red 'aired lady, only she nev'r ...ah....
"Do not digress! Now exactly what did the lady hire you to do?"
"She 'ired me to find a young man, wot 'ad recently 'ad 'is right arm wounded, and an older man wot was near tall as a mountain—powerful lookin’, wot 'ad sharp gray eyes.... That be yerself, gov'ner."

Smiles & Good Fortune, 
Teresa 
************************************ 
It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one’s dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent. 
W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) Of Human Bondage, 1915

7 comments:

  1. Love the way the dialogue points out the differences in these two characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Six! I like the accent!

    Happy Sunday,
    Kristin Wolfgang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder who this mysterious lady is! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'm totally intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your six sentences. You did a great job with the dialect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to each and everyone of my guests for stopping by...and for your lovely, encouraging comments.
    Smiles and Good Reading,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete