Sunday, August 25, 2013

Interview with Angela Ford author of the Romantic Suspense novel Closure

Today MyLadyWeb is pleased to present an interview with Angela Ford, author of the new Romantic Suspense novel Closure.:

Well to begin, I live in Mississauga (Canada) and originally from Nova Scotia. I'm a Mom to two amazing kids. I have two full-time jobs besides being Mom and Author. I work for Public Education as an Accounts Payable Clerk and I manage the building I live in. I am also a member of the RWA, an avid romance reader and the Author of the new Romantic Suspense "Closure".

Q. Tell us about Closure
A. Closure is a romantic suspense about an FBI task force that tracks online predators who prey on children. With three murdered teenagers, Agent Jessica Resario confronts the serial killer only to put her own life at risk. She escapes to her family beach home for the first time since her parents were murdered there and discovers a horrific secret of the past. Ghosts, secrets, danger and an attraction to her boss send her on an emotional rollercoaster, while trying to catch a killer.

Q. What was it about Romantic Suspense that captured your fancy?
A. I love to read romance in all genres but its the thrill and twists of a mystery that captures my interest. I love trying to figure out "who-dunnit?" while sitting on the edge of my seat...so to say.

Q. Do you have an all-time favorite Romantic Suspense novel, and what elements make it your favorite?
A. Allison Brennan's "Love Me to Death" (introducing the Lucy Kincaid series). Allison is the master of suspense and can definitely deliver a terrifying and nail-biting thriller. Her storyline is always cleverly-delivered with definite conflict and believable characters you fall in love with. A definite page-turner.

Q. How do you research your novels?
A. Through books, the web and experts in the field.

Q. Tell us about your favorite novel that you have written, and why it's your favorite?
A. Closure is my first published...it's my favorite. With many dedicated years of volunteering within schools, I was involved with cyber safety seminars with our local police. So, I crafted what I learned into a suspense and of course with a dash of romance.

On Writing:

Q. Is there anything you absolutely must have in order to write?
A. Solitude :) A peaceful place so I can escape into another world.

Q. What is the most difficult part of writing for you?
A. Writing the query letter....

Q. What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write?
A. It's a long day...My day begins at 5am to clean the building I live in and manage. By 7am I have my morning coffee in hand and ready to check my social network sites or get a little writing in. By 9am I'm at the SchoolBoard in the Accounting department until 430pm. Back to the building to make dinner for the kids and catch up on their days, and deal with any tenant or building issues. Hopefully by 8pm I'm in the 'bat-cave' I call it...my room of solitude...to write. Somewhere around 11pm I catch an episode of Criminal Minds and crash into a well-deserved sleep!

Q. Tell us a little bit about your life online and the sites you maintain.
A. Posts..Tweets..Pins...Votes...Notifies...Replies...My daily maintenance consists of Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, The Romance Reviews and my website emails.

Just For Fun:

Q. What is your favorite quote?
A. "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Q. Where is your favorite place to read?
A. The Beach. :)

Q. What is your favorite non-romantic suspense book and author, and why?
A. Danielle Steele. I started reading her books when I was a teenager. They are my treasured collection. I love the way she draws me into the world of her characters and the storyline.

Q. If you were a supernatural or mythological entity, what, or who, would you be, and why?
A. I would chose mythological and pick 'fairy'...more so, a fairy-godmother. A fairy-godmother has magical powers and acts as a parent or mentor to help and support. I'm a mom and a romance author of happily-ever-afters.

Q. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you desperately want with you, and why?
A. books...chocolate...my kids...because I couldn't live without any of them!

So to wrap up:


Special Agent Jessica Resario is compelled to save the next victim and puts her life into the hands of a serial killer. Her supervisor, Tom Erickson, sends her away to escape the danger. Jess returns to her family beach home for the first time since her parents were murdered there. The stakes are raised when she discovers postcards marked "I Crave You". Old ghosts, secrets, imminent threats and an inevitable attraction to Tom send her on an emotional rollercoaster.

TO PURCHASE CLOSURE:
Amazon
Kobobooks
Books To Go Now



LINKS TO BLOG, AUTHOR WEBPAGE, TWITTER, FACEBOOK ETC.

Angela Ford
Angela's Facebook
Angela's Twitter
Angela on Goodreads
Angela on The Romance Reviews


To Enter To Win A Copy of Closure visit Angela's Facebook Page Here:

Smiles & Good Fortune,
Teresa
************************************
 It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one’s dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent. W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) Of Human Bondage, 1915

2 comments: