Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Very Merry Chase Six Sentence Sunday Excerpt

     "I'll not pay for damaged goods. Your orders were merely to deliver her, unsuspecting, to this house."
     "And that I did. How was I supposed to know that she would toss the brandy off in one gulp instead of taking a few ladylike sips? She sure doesn't seem like the type to tipple, but I swear I've never seen a portion of brew go down so fast in all my born days."
     "Just how much laudanum did you lace it with?"

Smiles & Good Fortune, 
Teresa 
************************************ 
It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one’s dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent. W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) Of Human Bondage, 1915

8 comments:

  1. lol! I like a woman that can toss back her liquor!! Great snip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, great setup! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these six sound good! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sinister six, and I agree with Gayle, I re read them out loud and they have a great sound. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great six. Sounds like things are going to get interesting real soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laudanum! He's lucky she's alive depending on how much was in there. Nice set up.:)

    ~Xakara
    Dawn's Early Light 6SS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm... brandy... I like her already :)

    ReplyDelete